Simple Treats: No bake Peanut Butter Balls
We’ve been making these for quite some time. I’ve used a few different ingredients and methods but this one is pretty tried and true. These don’t stick around too long, they seem to be gobbled up quite quickly in this household. So to make them last a little longer we usually double or even sometimes triple (oh my!) the recipe.
If you want to make these into “bars” mix all ingredients and pour in a 9×9 baking dish. Let chill. Cut into 9 3×3 rectangles (or smaller).
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 1 Cup (optional)Coconut Flakes (feel free to toast the coconut before mixing it in)
- 1/2 Cup Ground (optional) Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup (optional) Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup (optional) Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (or other nut/non-nut butter)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a medium bowl, add oatmeal, coconut flakes, flax seed, mini chocolate chips and raisins. You can even sub-in or add all sorts of other things (nuts, cranberries whatever you like!)
- In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, honey and vanilla.
- Pour wet mix into dry bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
These are super simple and super Delish!
If you’ve never cooked like this i encourage you to get in your kitchen STAT and shake your tail feathers while you whip up some grub.
This entry was posted on March 19, 2013 by Simply The WildSide. It was filed under Recipe and was tagged with cookies, healthy, healthy recipe, healthy snack, kids cook, no bake, no bake cookie, peanut butter, peanut butter ball, peanut butter recipe, recipe, snack, treat, yum.