Lessons learned thus far
Lessons learned thus far…in Chelan
1. Things take longer here: we still do not have Internet.
2. It is one of the cleanest lakes in the country. And feels like it is one of the coldest!
3. Shake out clothes before dressing: creepy crawlers tend to think these are their homes at night.
4. Have fun: if you don’t enjoy something, what’s the point.
5. It doesn’t rain everywhere in Washington: 90s-100s with an annual rainfall of around 11 inches.(that’s not much rain folks).
6. When they say its going to be Windy: believe them. That wind rushes down the hills and mountains like something fierce.
7. Be humble: especially when someone offers you a full bedroom set plus drawers full of other items for $25.
8. Get creative: decorating a home with abandoned items can be fun.
9. Plan ahead: when the nearest grocery store is 25mi away and the closest target is 55mi away there is no such thing as a ‘quick’ errand.
10. Know where the fly swatter is at all times: those darn creepy crawlers are everywhere.
11. Make sure all bolts are secure before testing the zip line: just ask David how sore his behind is.
12. Be quiet while gardening: the wildlife will visit you.
13. Don’t trust the locals: the tap water tastes bad.
14. Raspberry plants will attack: don’t bother trying to corral them. Let them go where they please.
15. Watch your step: the wildlife isn’t courteous about where they lay their turds.
16. Learn to share your home: creepy crawlers will reside there no matter what you do.
17. Kasen wakes up with the sun here. He hops out of bed at 6:15am, grabs the nearest pants, throws them on, gobbles down cereal, and is out the door by 6:30am.
18. Bats don’t just fly at night.
19. Bring extra water on hikes: Kids spill things. Lots of things.
20. Don’t swat at every bug buzzing by: your day will be consumed. Have I mentioned the creepy crawlers?
21. Slow Down: you won’t enjoy anything while moving so quickly.